Welcome to Hillhead Family Practice
At the Hillhead Family practice in Belfast the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
Our Mission Statement is to provide a caring patient-centred service, combining health care and health promotion
SELF ISOLATION NOTE
If you have been advised to self isolate you can now download an isolation note to give to your employer. Please follow the link below to complete:
The Surgery has operated with restricted onsite access for the past 6 months and we are now looking to move towards a return to allowing all patients access to the building. To achieve this we have made a number changes that include:
- Anyone entering the building is asked to wear a face covering.
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser is available at the front door and we would encourage all patients to sanitise when they enter.
- We are unable to see walk in patients. All patient consultants are in the first instance via a telephone conversation with the GP. If the GP feels they need to see you face to face, then they will agree a suitable time to attend.
- If you are experiencing any of the known COVID 19 symptoms; a new persistent cough, a temperature above 37.8 degrees or a loss of taste or smell please DO NOT enter the surgery building. Telephone the surgery and advise the Reception Team of your symptoms.
- To maintain social distancing we are limiting the number of patients who can sit in the waiting room. At present we can only accommodate 5 people.
- The waiting room has been clearly marked out and we would ask that you do not move the chairs
- We would ask that only the patient enters the building (unless the patient is a child or requires assistance).
- The front door creates a bottleneck and queues are likely to form. To maintain social distancing the Reception area can only accommodate 3 people. Spacing has been clearly marked out and would ask all patients to maintain a safe distance from each other and only move forward when the patient in front has moved away.
- We have introduced a one way system with patients entering the front door and leaving by the rear side door.
- Order prescriptions via the telephone order line or via our online ordering service. If you are not currently registered for online ordering, please speak to a Receptionist.
- If you need to deliver a hospital script or wish to use a paper script request; please use the post box outside the building.
- We would strongly encourage patients to nominate a local pharmacy for collection of prescriptions. This service is available for the pharmacies listed overleaf. This should hopefully reduce the need to attend the surgery in person and reduce the need for you to go to multiple locations to get your medication.
- We have recently extended our lead time from ordering prescription to collection from 48 hours to 72 hour. Please remember to order you medications in sufficient time to ensure you do not run out.
- The surgery will continue to close each day between 1 and 2pm. A doctor on call service will be available during this time to deal with medical emergencies. The doctor on call can be contacted by telephoning 07597 255 869.
We are very mindful that COVID 19 continues to circulate within the local community and we will keep access under constant review. For your safety, the safety of all our patients and staff we would ask you to try and keep footfall to a minimum.
Flu vaccinations now available!
Information for patients:
- Attend the surgery unaccompanied (if possible)
- Face covering required when onsite
- Be ready for the vaccination. Wear short sleeves or a coat that is easily removed
- Where possible the vaccination will be given standing
- Only the flu vac will be given; we are unable to provide any other consultations during these clinics
- No need for the patient to wait after they have received the vaccination
- 1 way flow of patients. In the front door, out the rear side door
- Do not come early for your appointment. Please attend at the given time to ensure we maintain social distancing. Neither come late as we may be unable to be seen.
- Paperwork only for children
- Pre-school children
- Patients aged 65+
- Pregnant ladies
- BMI 40+
- CDM patients (all ages) – asthma, heart, diabetes, COPD, RA, CHD, HF, AF , Neuro, CKD, Liver, immunosuppression (all normal groups)
- Healthcare workers
- Shielding patients
- Family of shielding patients
We are currently not vaccinating:
- Primary school and First year pupils (will be done by school health)
- Patients aged 50-64 (may become eligible in due course)
- Healthy adults and children with no underlying health issues
Patient Online Access
Did you know that you can book/cancel appointments and order repeat medications online?
Please click on the "Online Services" link on the right of this screen to access the service.
Our physio can assist you with:
Sciatica Sports related injuries
Arthritis flares Road traffic accidents (RTA)
Ligament pain Strains
Muscle ache Lower back pain